This e-brake button has a much nicer design and finish than the plastic OEM part it replaces. Installation is quick and simple.
Made of machined 6061 aluminum or stainless steel, the Drift Button is either black anodized aluminum or brushed stainless steel. Each button features a large lip to easily lock your parking brake in place. Each PERRIN Drift Button is also designed with OEM usage in mind. If you would like to keep the OEM parking brake spring installed for an aftermarket look and standard parking brake functionality, you can do so with no modifications required.
Each PERRIN e-brake button is carefully manufactured and then anodized black or made from stainless steel. The super hard finish of your button will survive thousands of presses and pulls. Choose from two finishes: anodized black or brushed stainless steel.
EASY PARKING BRAKE DRIFTING - BRZ Only
By removing the spring placed in the parking brake lever, you can easily use the parking brake to induce and/or maintain your drift. With the PERRIN Drift Knob, the parking brake lever will not lock and will return to the off position automatically.
For Closed Circuit Racing Only
Anodized Black - PSP-WRX-353BK
Stainless Steel - PSP-WRX-353SS
This Part Fits
- 2015-2018 STI Perrin E-Brake Replacement Button (Silver or Black)
- 2015-2018 WRX Perrin E-Brake Replacement Button (Silver or Black)
- 2015-2017 Subaru STI Perrin E-Brake Replacement Button (Silver or Black)
- 2015-2017 Subaru WRX Perrin E-Brake Replacement Button (Silver or Black)
- 2013+ Subaru BRZ Perrin E-Brake Replacement Button (Silver or Black)
|Installation Instructions||Use a wrench to grab the old e-brake button.
From the seated position turn to your right (you are actually turning it to the left if facing the button straight on).
Be careful not to lose the spring. Install the Perrin button.
|Additional Warranty Information||No|
4 customer reviews
Like a Glove!
Installation is super easy!
Very satisfied with the new look!
Very cool look and much better feel. Put some blue painter's tape to protect the e-brake handle and it should take you 5 minutes to install. Matches my black/black Cobb knob very well too.
Its worth the price!! (2015 STi)
It looks amazing!!
Tips on the install.... this one is physically intensive...
I do not like the provided instructions. Using pliers or vices grips no matter how well you "protect" the button will ruin it. It will also ruin the surrounding leather around the button.
1) You must slowly pull down the E brake boot. Be gentle it does slip down very slightly.
2) The actual handle is held on by some adhesive. With the E-brake lifted and locked start slowly twisting the handle and pull the E-brake handle off. This is quite the fight but it will come off. Patience is KEY
3) Once the handle is off you now have much more access to unscrew the button and you don't have to worry about ruining the handle leather. I used a rubber pipe wrench. You can get them at any hardware store cheap. Comes in handy with a lot of other things you don't want to scratch. This button will also be a pain. Worse then the E-brake grip. Once loose depress the E brake and take off button.
4) After you get the button off slide and twist the handle back onto the E brake. Dont worry about putting some kind of adhesive back or anything. You will feel how hard and stuck it will be once you put it back. Literally feels like you never took it off. The adhesive seems to be reactive to heat. I do not recommend using a head gun to heat the tube in any step but once your car gets hot I would imagine it will set and super stick back into place.
5) Slide the boot cover back over the handle. This will also give you a little fight......
hope this helps
Looks great on my 2015 STI... Works even better.
I just got the billet steel version of the Perrin E-Brake Button. In addition to looking better against the "brushed metal" trim inside the 2015 STI than the OEM button, take out the spring and it works great for automotive misbehaving. Definitely recommended.
Eventually, I'll be doing a write-up on this car for www.TickTickVroom.com and I'll definitely be getting more parts from SubiSpeed.
Upload images for this product
Feel free to share pictures of your vehicle with this product!