We are proud to carry this high quality OEM style rear view mirror. It's fresh, contemporary frameless design enhances the interior of your vehicle. The electrochromic auto dimming feature makes driving at night much more pleasant.
This is a great upgrade for the standard, plastic framed rear view mirror which comes from the factory. There are other models HomeLink available. Please see the links below.
Installation is quick. With A T20 torx screwdriver, Phillips screwdriver, pliers, and a few T-Taps will get you up and running in no time. The factory pieces can be removed with just your hands. Factory wiring is already accessible in the headliner area (see additional tab).
- Auto dimming
- Compass (optional)
- A stunningly fresh look for your vehicle interior
- Sparkling, jewel-like polished glass edge
- Universal application for all standard windshield wedge-mount designs
- Edge to edge glass design maximizes rear vision
- Easy to clean single glass surface
- Safe – designed to the most stringent automotive design standards
The factory headliner hides a 3 pin mirror harness located in the center of the vehicle, by the rear view mirror. You can reach it by removing your map light setup. It might be slightly hidden out of view.
Black wire (center pin) - ground
Brown Wire with Yellow Stripe - reverse wire (positive)
Yellow Wire with Light Green Stripe - power wire (positive)
For this mirror, we recommend connecting its black wire to the black wire on the factory harness. The red wire will connect to the yellow wire with light green stripe and the green wire will connect to the brown wire with yellow stripe.
Camlock Adapter - FR-S / BRZ models with base mirrors require an adapter. If you already have an autodimming mirror in your FR-S / BRZ you will NOT require one.
Wire Covers - These plastic wire covers hide the additional wiring installed that runs from the headliner to the mirror. This helps to keep the installation neat, tidy, and looking OEM.
This Part Fits
- 2013-2017 Crosstrek Frameless Rear View Mirror (Auto Dimming, Optional Compass)
- 2015-2019 STI Frameless Rear View Mirror (Auto Dimming, Optional Compass)
- 2015-2019 WRX Frameless Rear View Mirror (Auto Dimming, Optional Compass)
- 2013+ Subaru BRZ Frameless Rear View Mirror (Auto Dimming, Optional Compass)
- 2017-2019 Subaru BRZ Frameless Rear View Mirror (Auto Dimming, Optional Compass)
- 2014-2018 Subaru Forester Frameless Rear View Mirror (Auto Dimming, Optional Compass)
There is a factory harness behind the map lights which we will tap into for power. Removing the map lights is simple. For the WRX / WRX STI first remove the cover which goes over the bulbs. Once this is removed, you will see two screws. Remove them and put outwards pressure on one corner of the map light assembly followed by the other. It will pop out. For BRZ owners, all you have to do is put outward pressure on the assembly until it pops out. Try to pop one corner out before the other.
In the corner furthest away from the windshield on the passenger side, you will find a plug. Pull it out. The picture above shows the wires going into the plug. The text shows which color wire you will connect to the factory wires.
Once this is complete, reassemble and you're done with the wiring.
To install the actual mirror, you must remove the plastic cap from the factory mirror. Twist until it pops off. You'll see a tab on the mirror. Push this in and pull the mirror off. Insert the new mirror and tighten the T20 torx screw to 16 lb/in (not lb/ft).
|Additional Warranty Information||None|
Be the first to review this product
Upload images for this product
Feel free to share pictures of your vehicle with this product!