- Increased horsepower
- Tuned and dyno-tested to improve acceleration and engine sound
- Low restriction aluminum tubing
- Easy to install using commonly available tools
- Air filter lasts up to 100,000 miles before cleaning is required (depending on driving conditions)
- Washable and reusable oil-free filter media
- AEM Lifetime Limited Warranty
AEM 21-742C Product Specifications
- Estimated Horsepower Gain 23 HP @ 6600 RPM
- Air Filter Color Red
- Air Filter Height 5.25 in (133 mm)
- Air Filter Material Non-woven Synthetic
- Air Filter Outlet Shape Round
- Clamp Material Stainless Steel
- Clamp Style Regular
- Clamps Included 1
- Intake Pipe Color / Finish Gunmetal Gray
- Intake Pipe Material Aluminum
- Product Box Height 12.25 in (311 mm)
- Product Box Length 20.25 in (514 mm)
- Product Box Width 12.25 in (311 mm)
- Product Style AEM Cold Air Intake System
- Replacement Filter 21-202DK
- TUV Approved (Europe) No
- Weight 11 lb (5 kg)
CARB EO Number
This Part Fits
- 2014-2018 Subaru Forester AEM Cold Air Intake System (Carb Cert)
|Additional Warranty Information||None|
1 customer reviews
My first motor model after my lift and everything, got some of my mpg back! Great product, nice sleek, one piece intake, install isn't too bad, room for the removing the ground for the heatshield mounting point was a little tough but manageable.
I drove 60 miles without it, took off my neg battery terminal and let my car cool down then did the install. Once I was back on the road....wow! Its a night and day difference. Also you don't need a tune, and the Subaru tech that helped me with my build verified it won't void your warranty.
My biggest dislike with this product is how AEM decided to opt of of having you reinstall their factory airbox feed that mounts behind the grill. They removed the front arc where it would go, and covered a top corner of the airbox. Was a tad bit confusing because their instructions weren't updated, but a quick Google search fixed that.
I plan on getting a dremel and making an opening for it. I read that it gets enough air from the underbody shroud openings, but I prefer it get it directly from the feed. I'll upload a before and after once I'm finished.
Overall, huge power gain, once my turbo begins spooling you HEAR it sucking air, very happy with it. Boost seems more stable throughout acceleration and is getting higher peaks at a few less rpms. Planning on pairing it with aem's chargepipe kit as recommended once they email be back if it is compatible.
Upload images for this product
Feel free to share pictures of your vehicle with this product!